GRC is one of the most versatile building materials in the twentieth century and has been developing the aesthetics of modern construction world wide. GRC is a family of high performance cement based composites reinforced with special alkali resistant glass fibers which suits a wide range of applications in varied thickness.
GRC is versatile and can be moulded to form futuristic designs or replicate traditional historic features. It can be painted, faced with fine aggregates, coloured or simple left with a natural white or grey, smooth or textured finish. GRC is a popular material for prefabricated architectural cladding. Its ability to be moulded into thin, lightweight panels with a wide variety of shapes, forms and surface finishes has been appreciated by architects worldwide.
DIRP does not take risks of cost cutting at the cost of eliminating the attractive properties of GRC – performance , durability and safely. DIRP only manufacture GRC to the recognized International Standards. You are safe with the DIRP guarantee If you are looking for plain mould finish , double skin insulated , realistic sand stone finish, pigmented, exposed aggregate, replication of natural rock or any other special effect.
Some of GRC’s salient features are
- Light weight
- Reduces loads on structures
- Excellent for reproduction & renovation
- Environmental friendly
- Allows design of thin, light weight cladding elements
- Easily moulded to reproduce shapes, details and textures
- Offers unrivalled flexibility
- Easy to handle, transport and install, enabling rapid construction.
- Fire resistant
- Improves aesthetics & preserves historic features
- Enables thermal and acoustic properties to be upgraded
- Provides a turn-key solution.
- Ensures a consistent finish
- Disperses or absorbs sound
- Low resistance to water flow
- Does not suffer corrosion
- Durable against extreme weather condition
- Crack & impact resistant